Saturday, July 16, 2011

KISSIN' COUSINS

Gentle Readers,

Do I have news for you!

Someone I Love has done more genealogical research and discovered that my dad's paternal grandparents were first cousins who married. Now, I realize that it used to be fairly common for cousins to get it on, but it also sorta kinda makes us the product of

INCEST

It's also yet another way that we are similar to British royalty because for the longest time they were very big on marrying their cousins. Victoria and Albert? First cousins. 

The marrying cousins thing really didn't start to come to an end until, let's see, I think it was George V and Queen Mary who said their children could choose the people they wanted to marry -- as long as it wasn't Wallis Simpson. 

Anybody but Wallis Simpson.

Infinities of love,

Lola

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I think I've just died and gone to Lola heaven. Come over and visit! I would think we have a lot in common. Well I don't have first cousins who were married...second cousins yes, but not first. And there's a few Lola related posts I think you'll particularly enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinderita! Someone I love and I are so happy to be products of incest. From now on we will blame everything that we do wrong on it. "Well, that's what happens when you're the product of incest. We can't help it." I've been to your blog and signed up to follow and I'll read older posts as I have time. I read the one where you said you really like the guy who is open about cursing. You will get serious dirty language here sometimes. I have a potty mouth.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.