Tuesday, September 18, 2012

ELVIS

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

Today I want to provide an update on Elvis.
I AM THE WRONG ELVIS.



No, not that Elvis. We're talking Elvis Aaron Schwarz here. He's having a tough time.

Hi! Remember me? I'm Elvis Aaron Schwarz.
I'm having a tough time. In spite of my good looks and important family,
I must work to support myself and to take Janie on dates. I can't take
Janie on dates for now, and we miss each other. I call Janie my baby doll, which she loves.

Elvis Aaron Schwarz and I haven't had our second date yet because he has been quite ill, perhaps with the same kind of yucky bronchitis my boyfriend Coffey has had. As Elvis Aaron Schwarz put it,
I get up sick, I go to work sick, I come home sick, and I go to bed sick. 

Poor Elvis Aaron Schwarz. And he doesn't even have me to take care of him and nurse him back to health.

And to put the icing on Elvis Aaron Schwarz's cake of soap, he and most of the other employees who work for a nearby city have been cut back to 32 hours, making them part-time employees. Thus, they lose their benefits. They can't work overtime. They don't have health insurance. They don't have a retirement fund.

Poor Elvis Aaron Schwarz. In addition to being sick, he is now busy job hunting. He hopes to stay near my city and he assured me that he has not changed his mind about me.

Poor Elvis Aaron Schwarz. At least he still has a part-time job -- for now. Elvis Aaron Schwarz thinks the city for which he works will declare bankruptcy soon.

On another front, The Hurricane says the semester is kicking her butt. She has an extra administrative chore at work because of cutbacks in staffing. The university doesn't have enough people to run its departments. 

Poor Hurricane.

Poor Elvis Aaron Schwarz.

Poor me, missing The Hurricane and Elvis Aaron Schwarz. 

I must be strong.


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

26 comments:

  1. Poor Jane. Poor me. Hell. Spend $8 and get NETFLIX. Right now it's all that's holding me together. Oh, and poor coffey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Netflix. They keep me from suicide. It's the best company ever created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This, too, shall pass. In 20 or 30 years, you'll laugh about all this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bad times, huh. hope it passes soon, and take care of you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Netflix has been a huge help to me as well. I've been addicted to Big Cat Diary and any other animal show I can find! Hugs to you and to Elvis and to the Hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hugs, Maggie. I send hugs back to you.

      Delete
  6. I have to say that I am grateful that I am retired and didn't have to worry about a job while I was sick. Hope Elvis gets to feeling better soon. At first I thought it was because you had wore him out. But bugs are worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a chance to wear him out, Coffey!

      Delete
  7. I hope Elvis will get feeling better soon and that everything will go great for you and the Hurricane :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor lots of people these days. Gotta get better, right? (RIGHT??!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a lot is happening, janie. no job, poor health, hurricane, no insurance, job hunting....

    what will happen? what to do about elvis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elvis will get better, but I don't know what will happen with his job.

      Delete
  10. Aw lady! I love your face and miss you. Hope all is well with you at least. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine. I love your face, too. I just wanna love Elvis's face.

      Delete
  11. Dear Janie, it's good that you so like movies---because in times of stress, I find that if I lose myself in a good book or a movie then the Irish stew of worry I'm cooking stops bubbling over and simply simmers so that I do not need to tend it. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, Books and movies are great stress relievers. I watched a romantic comedy last night called "Tortilla Soup." It took my mind off everybody else's troubles.

      Delete
  12. Poor everyone. :( It's a really good point that even those who keep their jobs these days suffer by getting stuck w/ too much work because of eliminated positions.

    P.S. I'm looking forward to your review of Three Daves - but there's no need for you to rush. Whatever works for you works for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Nicki. So many people are overworked and underpaid.

      Delete
  13. Life has a way of going on no matter what we are going through. To keep yourself busy you might try embark on a new career. Yeti semen collectors make big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where does Elvis apply for the Yeti semen collector job?

      Delete
  14. Hope your situation with Elvis gets better. Ha.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is sad to hear for both of them--and you, too. Corners keep getting cut. I hope Elvis is feeling better soon. :(

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.