Monday, January 28, 2013

THE FLU MONSTER

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

The flu monster has me in his clutches. So far I've managed to distract myself a little by writing posts and reading yours, but I feel as if I need to give up for a few days.

So please forgive me for not visiting you and commenting.

I got a flu shot in October or November, but I know thousands of strains of viruses lurk in the world and the shot doesn't mean we won't get some sort of flu.

My house has never been so dirty. The Christmas tree relaxes on the living room floor, still waiting to be put in its box so it can live in the attic till next December.

Everything is on hold.

I watch some TV, but reading is too much effort.

I watched this week's episode of Downton Abbey and the events were so unexpected that it had me sobbing. I don't usually cry over TV shows or movies.

I'm getting weepy again, so I'll say goodbye for now and toddle off to bed to feel sorry for myself.

I tried to add a photo of a "miserable sick woman" and the photo that came up featured a woman who was so pretty it was disgusting.

Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

P.S. Please don't be upset or worried if your comments don't show up for a while. I have comment moderation so the comments aren't published until I approve them. And I don't think I'll be approving or disapproving of much of anything for a bit.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Janie .. hope you feel better and I quite understand .. I did no reading, no computer, no nothing actually - felt frot and mostly rested in bed ... struggled to eat, made sure water went down .. and eventually came through ... I did listen to a little interesting radio til I was lulled to a fitful sleep ... and so the process went on ..

    Look after yourself - but glad you told me posts won't appear for a while .. take care - big hugs (no on the other hand I don't want another dose!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you got the spuckets. As usual, get plenty of water and sleep. Rest and don't worry about us. Get that Schwarz gut to read the post to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care- lots of fluids and plenty of rest. And I cried a river last night at DA. Seeing the Dowager Countess even get emotional was so poignant...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing! I hope your doggies cuddle you back to health and also your hunk-a-hunk-a burning man brings you anything you need! Get lots of rest and we'll celebrate your healthy return hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read all the Downton Abbey spoilers. I was not surprised. I'm weird. Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better darlin'.... I think his cousin may be getting a hold of me as well. I just took a bunch of random cold medicine, so we'll see...

    ...I have three days left of this friggin' running challenge... I. Will. Not. Get. Sick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOrry you got sick. It seems a lot of people who got the flu shot got the flu this year. I never get it, I just don't like to get crap into my system that may or may not work. I say let the tree relax until next Christmas, that way u can save yourself some hard labor. Hope you'll feel well soon, I'll be waiting to read more of your shenanigans soon....lol
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you get your flu shot? There's so many variables on "DAH FLU" that there's no way one shot can cover all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you are feeling tough! Take care of yourself. We will all be here when you feel better.

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the flu shot lessens the potency of the flu for you. Mrs. Chatterbox is just now getting over the flu and she also got a shot. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry to hear this; I hope you feel better sooner than later!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you are sick! Don't worry about what's not getting done, just rest!

    I cried at Downton Abbey, too, so I don't think that was the flu talking. So terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feel better sweet Janieola!!!!! Make sure the pups take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you get well soon. Need to hear some crazy stories:)
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no not the flu monster! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ewwwwwww..... sending you a cyber hug since I don't want to get too close (no offense).

    Feel better soon Miss Janie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. On the IMDB DA board,there is a thread about how an alien baby should have popped out of Sybil's neck. I thought it was hilarious. Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Janie, what is important now is your taking care of yourself. I had the "neuro" (spelling) virus that the newscasters are talking about, but it lasted only 24 hours. I, too, get the flu shot and usually have flu each year for only 24 hours, but this full-scale flu that is going around demands that you rest and drink lots of water and simply let yourself "be" within the flu for as long as your body needs to get rid of the virus and to heal from its symptoms. So be good to yourself. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry you are in the wars love, get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take care of yourself and hope you are feeling much better now ?
    Bloody viruses.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.