Tuesday, June 30, 2015

BOSCH SMOSCH

Bosch . . . and people I love,

Some of you went shopping with Carol and me last year when I bought my Bosch dishwasher at Lowe's. The old Frigidaire dishwasher had gone to hell. The pump on it was broken. I didn't know how old it was, so rather than spend a fortune fixing it, buy a new dishwasher.

I did all sorts of research. Tons of people said Bosch is the best dishwasher, but you have to get used to it because it's not like American dishwashers (no garbage disposal in the bottom--instead a filter that traps stuff; doesn't get really hot to dry the dishes--use the sanitize button and pour in a little white vinegar).

I could handle that. I found a Bosch on sale at a good price. It did everything I wanted except put the dishes away. I bought her.

nice black dishwasher in my black-and-white kitchen



filter in the bottom--easy to remove
never has anything in it, but it gets moldy FAST
Bosch and I had a good relationship for a year. I put dirty dishes in her. She washed them. I took them out and put them in the cabinets. I used her about twice a week. But when that year was up, the year of her warranty, she attacked me. She quit draining. She wasn't full of water, but she had too much water in her bottom.

I had purchased the five-year extended warranty on electrical crap. I called Lowe's. They sent a repair person. He took out a little tiny piece that he said had broken off the pump. He'd get a new one. It was covered.

He returned a few days later and put in the piece.

She's been out to get me ever since.

After I run her, I never know if she'll have some water sitting in her bottom. I never know if the dishes are clean. They seem kind of scummy even though I use those dishwasher tablets that Big Mama Bosch says I should use. Sometimes the container with the tablet doesn't open at all, so there's this wet, crumbly tablet in it. I have to take it out or move it around or whatever, and then eventually she works.

Bosch, you are a bitch.

I keep thinking I'll call the repair people again, but I'm afraid it won't be something electrical because of the thingy with the tablet not opening. Then the repair person will charge me a million dollars for every fifteen minutes he's here.

Besides, SOMETIMES SHE WORKS! I never know when she's going to work. It's this grand and glorious surprise when I open her and there's no water in the bottom and the dishes are clean and God is in His heaven and all is right with the world.

She is out to get me. If I call and ask for service, then she'll work. Or I'll call and ask for service, and it will cost all kinds of money I don't have.


Maybe i'll take her temperature rectally.
Nah. She'd fart in my face.






I want my daddy.

Daddy would make bad Bosch behave.


I can tell you one thing for sure: I will never buy anything other than a Maytag dishwasher ever again in my whole life. NEVER.


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug


Franklin says:
Wow, Franklin! 
Where did you learn that naughty language?


Yeah, I know Frankie.
It's mommy's fault.

23 comments:

  1. We have a dish washer but we never use it. We almost always hand wash the dishes because we can't run the pots or pans through, but we end up completely without any dishes by the time we can fill up the dish washer enough to run it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only run the dishwasher once or twice a week because I don't have many dirty dishes. I don't like to wash by hand. I don't have a good set-up for it. In the past, I also felt that the dishwasher got dishes cleaner than hand washing did. I really hate washing dishes, and any time spent on my feet causes me pain, so I'm better off with a working dishwasher. You might want to run your dishwasher about once a month, or it will freeze up and not work at all. You never know if the time will come that you'll want it to wash the dishes.

      Delete
  2. Love love love, Franklin !
    Naughty mouth though.
    I have the same problem with all the appliances I bought new for the kitchen.
    Bunch of Junk.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The naughty mouth is Franklin's fault. He learned it from Mom. I've had some great appliances over the years. They aren't all bad.

      Delete
  3. I've never had a dishwasher... after seeing all the problems people have with them, not to mention the pre-'rinsing', etc... I'll just stick with washing them myself, once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We built a house in western Maryland, were we lived for twelve years. The only kitchen appliance we replaced was the refrigerator, and that was when we'd been there about ten years. The Maytag dishwasher was still going strong when we moved out. Loved that dishwasher. Didn't have to rinse the dishes--just put them in and run it.

      Delete
  4. We are stuck with technology when all we want is something that works!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Remember when dishwashers were these gigantic things that held a ton of dishes and actually got them clean? Now it's all about saving water and not cleaning anything.

      Delete
  5. I spent 5 minutes comparing our dishwashers. They are not the same. I have not had the trouble you are having. I do not like that filter thingy. It rarely gets cleaned. It always looks like cheese in there. Not natural cheese, but Easy Cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't take out my filter and rinse it with hot water, yes, it looks like nasty cheese, but even worse, after about 24 hours it starts to stink.

      Delete
  6. I'm on my second Maytag dishwasher in thirty years. Also my second Maytag washer/dryer, but not because the first one needed replacing. Someone else needed it. None of this helps you.
    Have you tried a letter to Bosch? An email? A text? The times I've been really, really, really angry with a manufacturer I found a vicious letter to be very effective. The time a blade sheared off the Hamilton Beach blender, for instance, went through the plastic decanter, flew across the kitchen and embedded itself in the wall, inches from my sisters throat. Try a letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blender attempted murder and should have been tried in court. You are right: I'll write to Bosch. I'll say, I hate you, Bosch.

      Delete
  7. My hubby and I watched a show called "Marketplace" which is a Canadian show discussing issues from repairmen to appliances and more. They talked about dishwashers, fridges and stoves. It was an eye-opener. I would google "Marketplace" and look up this episode and watch it. The water filling up was a problem with all dishwashers apparently. They spoke to 2 repairmen in the industry. It is actually sad how things work..or don't work nowadays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might have told me about that show the last time I complained about Bosch. I'm going to keep complaining till I die or till Bosch does.

      Delete
  8. Yes, Daddy would make them behave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little dose of Daddy will fix a world of ugly.

    There are some days I wash dishes by hand just so I don't have to deal with a break in the silverware basket. I always put something in the broken one accidentally and have to fish it out of the bottom. Apparently, I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need Daddy more now than when I was little.

      Delete
  10. I don't have a Bosch dishwasher (I don't think. I guess I should check) but mine also has that little filter thing in the bottom. IT STINKS HORRIBLE!!! And also doesn't get my dishes really clean. It's about a year and a half old. But with me and 6 kids we run our dishwasher at a minimum of 5 times per week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Maytag wasn't so hot, either.

    I've always been a believer in a quick rinse before putting things in. Then there's nothing to get stuck in the little filter to start stinking. The dishwasher does a great job of washing off the grease and sanitizing the germs, and then I just put things away. I use LemiShine, too. It helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Maytag wasn't so hot, either.

    I've always been a believer in a quick rinse before putting things in. Then there's nothing to get stuck in the little filter to start stinking. The Dishwasher does a great job of washing off the grease and sanitizing the germs, and then I just put things away. I use LemiShine, too. It helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete

  13. I was looking for a Can Opener because the old one just is now not working anymore. Can you guys please let me know which is the best can opener and lasting long. I was reading about the manual and automatic can opener on this blog openerguides.com but I didn't figure out which to choose.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.