Monday, November 2, 2015

A SPECIAL INVITATION

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

My apologies to Michael D'Agostino of A Life Examined, who organizes the excellent "Question" blog hopI shan't answer the Question of the Month in this post. Last week, my thermostat didn't work because a wire wasn't connected. Lovely Dean, the heating and AC man, set it straight. Today, my furnace doth leak. I know not why. I would surely love to shoot it, but I have that puny problem with believing in gun control and refusing to have weapons in my house.

Michael and other answerers: I hope to respond to the question in a day or two. Whether you see me depends on the health of the furnace, and how much editing I've completed.

In spite of my little drip of trouble, I issue a special invitation to you. Please visit When A Lion Sleeps, Let It Sleep, where my blog child Rachel shares her shining, youthful wisdom with the world.

Currently, Rachel's blog features her interview with a young lady who is transgender. I appreciate this opportunity to learn more about something we didn't even know existed when I was young. Here's a little information about Megan:

Megan is a young Transgender woman with a beautiful, loving wife and a family she loves beyond words. She is an advocate, trying to promote positivity and understanding, in order to help others find the same happiness and acceptance.

Megan knew when she was a young child that something was different. Growing up in a very conservative home, she still vividly remembers the negative conversations about the LGBTQ+ community, which convinced her that something must be wrong with her. She tried desperately to "fix" herself, but could never get rid of the knowledge that she was in the wrong body. It wasn't until several years after Megan married her wife that she finally learned to accept who she was and began to love herself for it. This understanding led to the discovery that she could help others do the same and maybe even prevent the hate involved in the first place.

Rachel also provides this helpful information:


The Trevor Project specializes in assisting people who are struggling with sexuality and has open hotlines to help people 24/7. Their phone number is 866-488-7386.

Megan's website is FinallyMegan.com, and she can be reached at Megan@FinallyMegan.com or Twitter.com/StormsMayCome.

I urge you to look in on Rachel and Megan today, with an open mind and an open heart.


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug



Sing us out, please, John.







You were right, John. You weren't the only dreamer.

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Blog Mommy!!!!! You're so kind and such a positive influence. Thank you for helping to share Megan's story so that she can help people learn to accept themselves and become happier.

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Rachel, God bless your sweet heart. The interview is excellent. Striving for acceptance and happiness are excellent goals.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading the story. Got inspired about many things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things settle down for you. Heading over to Rachel's blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check out the link! And i'm sorry you're having house problems, that seems like a big bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine is about the best song ever written. Cheering for your friend who is learning who she really is and reaching out to others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the interview is excellent Megan is insightful and informative. I am fortunate to have every bit of medical expertise at my finger tips; how awful to be dealing with anything and have no medical help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your furnace gets fixes quickly and what a wonderful quote from Lennon. Hate is such an unproductive reaction to just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Imagine"...I used to love the song, but the reality confronted as I get older makes me see some of the absurdity of it. Still parts of it are a nice dream.

    I guess an advantage of living where I do is that a furnace is not really necessary. I do turn ours on sometimes, but in reality it's really not that cold when I do.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are many things in this world where lack of knowledge, understanding and compassion leads to hate. Thanks for sharing today Janie and Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy hearing "Imagine." Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, Janie, and it's good that you were able to overcome that leaky furnace:( and let us know about it! (I truly hope my comment doesn't appear twice, as the first one disappeared incomplete, and I've had to compose a second one). xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for providing a link to Rachel's blog. Megan is an extraordinary woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will stop over and read about Rachel's guest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful post and so many people are fearful of something new or they simply don't understand so they try to blow it apart by hurtful words and/or actions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to see she's getting the message out there and igniting discussion.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.